ONNAN Unity Company was incorporated as a limited liability company on the 22nd of August 1995 with its registered office at 4a Limpopo, FHA, Maitama, Abuja. It was set up with the intentions of a holding company with diverse interest in all sectors of the country’s economy.
The years following its formation was full of progress as the company was able to set up various trading businesses, fully complete construction and engineering jobs, establish engineering equipment supply chains, successfully execute real estate acquisition and development projects, and develop and operate hospitality institutions. This was in line with the broad vision of the management and board.
However, in 2009, misfortune befell as the acting Chairman Managing Director of the company passed and his vision went with him. Expansion of other interest seized while the company by frequent participation specialized as engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning (EPCC) contractors.
The key to our success is combining and managing both customer satisfaction and organizational excellence together. Both of these two primary objectives and quality, which go hand-in-hand, are based on five pillars.
Customer Satisfaction Five Pillars
- Pillar 1: Delivery of the product that the customer wants to fill their need including the degree of innovation, technology, design and features the customer is looking for.
- Pillar 2: Delivery of a quality level that is consistent with the price.
- Pillar 3: Delivery of the product in the time frame the customer needs, wants or desires.
- Pillar 4: Delivery of the degree of human interaction a customer desires
- Pillar 5: Having in place a system of conflict resolution, which is fair to both the business owners and the customers.
ONNAN has been established as a participant in the industrial supplies and the engineering services fields. The management is determined to provide quality services to meet the exact requirements and achieve costumer’s satisfaction with comprehensive understanding of the complete system involved, always taking into account of the human element.
ONNAN achieves this objective through the implementation of a documented quality system, which involves covering all aspects of design, procurement, installation, inspection, testing and commissioning providing the customer with a guarantee that a contract will be completed to specification with consistency that eliminates the possibility of expensive errors. ONNAN management sets clear quality objectives and motivates staff members to insure that they are clear about their quality objectives and are committed to give their best effort in whatever activity with a common aim in mind.
The performance and procedures are under constant review by the management as well as every member of the staff, with the aim of continuous improvement.
ONNAN believes that our standard of customer service is paramount to the future of our existence. Our customer service policy is therefore central to all our operations and complied with throughout the work force. By believing in this policy, and meeting the changing needs of our customers, we are able to give an outstanding service.
Health and Safety
The provision of a healthy and safe working environment for all employees is fundamental to ONNAN operations and to all works undertaken at all project site locations, and hence ONNAN is committed to a ZERO ACCIDENTS philosophy and operational target.
ONNAN has a policy statement on “Safety and the Working Environment” and implements a thorough safety program throughout the organization, which outlines the infrastructure and mechanisms to ensure safe working practices and a safe and healthy working environment.
Training is provided to ensure that all employees understand the importance of safety and accept responsibility in maintaining safety standards.
Preservation of the environment is a key factor in all of ONNAN activities, and involves measures and procedures designed to minimize any potential negative impact on the environment and to ensure compliance with all legal regulations in respect of environmental preservation. It is ONNAN policy to ensure that our engineering projects and products are environmentally acceptable.
ONNAN actively promotes environmental awareness at all levels of the company, in order to ensure that this objective is achieved.
To achieve these goals, we will:
Protect the environment by careful selection and utilization of materials. Utilize natural resources with care and manage energy use. Minimize waste products and dispose of all waste in a responsible manner.
- To provide professional services that supports our customers in functions that are critical to their success.
- To provide innovative services that meets the highest international standards.
- To ensure that our supplies and services are provided in a timely manner to be cost effective solutions for our customers.
- To promote teamwork, both internally and with our customers.
- To maintain and expand our affiliations with distinguished international associations and manufacturers.
- To attract and retain high-quality and service-oriented individuals to a supportive work environment.
- To maintain absolute confidentiality on the information of our customers.
- To meet and exceed our customers’ expectations on the quality of our supplies and professional services, with a true dedication to taking prompt towards customer requirements.
- Ensure that all ONNAN employees enjoy a healthy and safe working environment.
Onnan Management and Ownership
A lawyer of 6 years at the bar. A visionary investor and scrupulous businessman. He attained a Bachelor’s Degree in English and Linguistics from Nnamdi Azikiwe University and then a second Bachelor’s Degree in Law. He went on to the Nigerian Law School and was called to the bar in 2008. Bar, Odera is a wise investor and as such is the chairman of various successful companies including ONNAN Hotel’s Ltd, Lydam Ventures Ltd and Lydam Boreholes.
A dynamic manager. Mr. Chinonso is a graduate of Project Management Technology from the Federal University of Technology Owerri. He went on to attain both Prince 2 and PMI certification. Mr. Chinonso has a master’s degree in Hospitality management and has set up and run several on-going and successful businesses in the real estate, agricultural and hospitality industries. He is the Chairman of Four Farm’s Limited, Tenet Hospitality Ltd and ThreeSixty Properties and seats is a member of the board of ONNAN Hotel’s Ltd, Lydam Ventures Ltd and Lydam Boreholes. He is also a founding member of TeamMember foundation and the Managing Director of ONNAN Unity Company.
An investment banker of more than 10 years international experience; Mrs Adaugo has worked in many various countries across the globe from fast developing economies like India, China and the UAE; to G5 countries like the UK, America and Canada. She brings to the company methodical international economic best practices and also robust, dynamic global investment capabilities. She graduated Summa cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in Accounting and went to get her ACA.